Agency Help

Providing assistance to the citizens of the First Congressional District is one of my top priorities. If you are experiencing problems with a federal agency, my office may be able to assist you. While we cannot ask a Federal agency to do anything that is not in accordance with its rules and regulations, our goals are to ensure your rights are respected, and that errors in your record or procedure are corrected. To obtain help from my office, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Are you a constituent of the First Congressional District?

I am only able to assist residents of North Carolina's First Congressional District. To determine who your Representative is, please click here.

Step 2: Does your issue involve a Federal agency?

My office can only assist with concerns that involve a Federal agency. Some of the most common requests include:

Passports Postal Service
Medicare/Medicaid Social Security
Veteran's Affairs Immigration
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)

Step 3: Complete the Privacy Authorization Form

In order to open a case on your behalf, our office needs a signed letter or the privacy authorization form from you, giving permission to look into your case.  Due to the Privacy Act of 1974, no inquiries can be made without such written consent.  As such, an e-mail will not suffice as a release.  A written signature must be given.  Please note that we will not accept electronic signatures. NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some agencies will accept electronic signatures. Please contact our office at (252) 237-9816 for more information.

To best view and input information on these forms, please download the form and open it through Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe installed on your computer, you can download the program HERE.

Please complete the appropriate privacy authorization form:

For all IRS issues, you must download and fill out the IRS privacy authorization form.

For all citizenship and immigration issues, you must download and fill out the USCIS privacy authorization form.

For all other issues, you must download and fill out the GENERAL privacy authorization form


Please call our office at (252) 237-9816 to speak to a Constituent Services Representative who will determine the right direction for your case.  Our office will instruct you on a specific location to send or fax the form.

State Agency Issues

If your issue does not concern a federal agency, you may contact your North Carolina State Representative for assistance.

  1. To identify your state representative, visit the North Carolina General Assembly.
  2. Issues that require assistance from North Carolina State agencies include:
Child Support Motor Vehicle Registration State and Local Taxes
Loss of driving privileges DSS Assistance Legal matters


To provide effective service to the citizens of the First Congressional District, all casework is handled through my District office. You can reach our office in:

Wilson, North Carolina | (252) 237-9816