Protect the Environment & Promote Energy Efficiency
Congressman Butterfield believes that homeownership is essential to achieving the American Dream. Homeownership constitutes the bulk of wealth for the majority of American households and represents an important stepping stone into the American middle class.
You Should Know
Congress must foster an economic climate that encourages homebuilders, homebuyers, and renters to remain active and engaged. Government subsidized housing must remain available for low-income Americans who need affordable housing. Access to government backed credit needs to be available for those looking to become first time home buyers.
Congressman Butterfield will advocate for the increased development of housing available for low and middle income families of the First District and North Carolina as a whole.
Butterfield Takes Action
- Congressmen Butterfield praised the Obama Administration for including Rocky Mount, N.C. in the Strong Cities, Strong Communities Initiative which promotes urban development through coordinating federal investments and supporting economic stimulation
- Congressmen applauded New Bern, N.C. for receiving a $400,000 Department of Housing and Urban Development Grant which will develop the city’s commercial area and the surrounding residential neighborhood
GKB in NC
- In February of 2012, the Congressmen visited the Durham Housing Authority to tour Department of Housing and Urban Development projects that are currently underway
- Congressmen Butterfield presented a $400,000 check from the Department of Housing and Urban Development to the city of New Bern
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Durham Housing Authority
- Housing Authority of the City of Greenville
- Housing Authority of the City of Wilson
- Rocky Mount Housing Authority
- North Carolina Housing and Urban Development
Stay informed on this and other important issues by signing up for our newsletter here.